The Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) program is a voluntary initiative designed by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) that focuses on the development of cooperative relationships between Customs and the business community. The goal of this program is to strengthen the security of our borders as well as the security of the overall supply chain while facilitating the flow of legitimate trade. There are several benefits to becoming C-TPAT certifies, among them:
- A reduced number of inspections and reduced border wait times;
- Self-policing and self-monitoring of security activities;
- Certified C-TPAT importers are eligible for the Importer Self-Assessment Program (ISA);
- C-TPAT members will receive up to 50% penalty mitigation for (ISF) 10+2 penalties;
- Validated C-TPAT participants receive even fewer Customs inspections;
TCS professionals can perform the required security assessment and identify any corrective action necessary to ensure clients’ certification into the C-TPAT program.